"Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”
- Princess Diana
Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day and there has never been a more important time to highlight how much a difference being kind to one other can make...
Everyone at Rock On Ruby has been deeply shaken by the news of Caroline Flack and we know this same feeling has rippled throughout society, leaving behind a united feeling of ‘What can we do to help?’
Here are ten easy things to do today to pass the kindness on and help someone live a happier life. They don't take much to carry out, but they could have a huge impact on someone's day...
1) Give a stranger a compliment
2) Offer to pay for someone’s coffee!
3) Listen to someone talk about something they’re passionate about - even if you don’t understand or agree with it!
4) Handwrite somebody a letter about all of the most wonderful things about them.
5) Create a playlist for someone with happy and inspirational songs!
6) Donate to charity, whether it is a direct donation or donating a selection of your wardrobe.
7) Temporarily take over someone’s responsibilities (E.g Babysit someone’s children for a couple of hours to let them unwind and relax or walk someone’s dog)
8) Smile at a stranger!
9) Make sure you take a deep breath and give yourself time to think about how to react to a situation that may not be ideal for you. Being calm is being kind.
10) Finally, a classic that everyone appreciates - simply make someone a brew!
Our incredible friend and illustrator Dom & Ink has created a highlight on his story labeled ‘digital hugs’, a place you can go to to stay inspired and feel loved - we highly recommend you check it out!
Thank you for reading and remember to be kind,
Emma @ ROR x