Last Friday Girly Night Out had a team trip to London and decided to have a few after work drinky poos at London Zoo! Yes, you did read that correctly - Actual. London. Zoo.
But this wasn't any normal night at the Zoo, the whole place had been transformed into a magical, face painting festival complete with stilt walkers, animal fancy dress and a Silent Disco. Ladies and gents, we introduce you to: Zoo Lates!
Doing exactly as advertised above, Zoo Lates encouraged hundreds of young professionals to go wild on a Friday night! Visitors are not only able to wander round the Zoo and visit the animals (their bedtimes are around 9pm) but there is a whole host of entertainment available!
On arrival we were greeted by this faulous exotic bird:
We then headed straight to the Face Painting stand to get into the swing of the Zoo party vibe:
Customers can choose from a range of complete face paint designs, but we spotted these gorge girls who had channelled more of a "Zoo Project" look with smaller patterns and animal prints...
(Do we hear Ibiza calling?!)
As we wandered round the Zoo, we spotted this AMAZING looking Hen Party below, who had gone all out with their animal fancy dress! Not only were the girls wearing head to toe outfits (love the furry leg warmers) but they had also got a tiara with veil for the Bride to Be - now that's what we call a "wild" Hen Party!
Everyone we encountered had really made loads of effort with their animal fancy dress and face paint. If you feel inspired by the thought of an zoo themed Hen Party, then we would definitely recommend getting your girls together in a group fancy dress!
When we had stopped peopple watching, it was time to decide where to head next.... The Playroom (complete with giant jenga and an actual ball pit) the food festival (full of delicious treats) or the Jardin du vin!
After a quick Pimms, we decided to check out the cabaret show that ran from 7pm to 10pm. There was a variety of different acts from dancing bears to stand up comedians:
After all this, we ended our night at the silent disco, bopping away amongst tribal prints, crocodile onesies and feathered masks:
If you fancy heading to Zoo Lates for your Hen Party, or simply on your next Girly Night Out, here are our top tips:
1. Get there early! There is so much to see and do, you will wan tot see some of the animals as well as the activities that are only there for the night. The Zoo closes at 10pm so give yourself at least a few hours to get around! (Doors open at 6pm)
2. Get in Fancy Dress! The whole atmosphere of the night is very ladi back and fun filled. Get into character with some animal face paint and a pair of ears!
3. Pick up a planner! On entering you can grab yourself a free map which shows where all the exciting things are taking place around the Zoo - don't miss out!
4. Book your tickets online through the official Zoo Lates website - it can be cheaper!
5. Keep an eye on our Blog for our Animal Face Paint tutorials - Coming Soon!!
This year, Zoo Lates has been running every Friday from 7h June to 26th July at London Zoo. If you fancy a Zoo themed Hen Party then head over to their site for details on ticket prices and admission. We'll see you there again next year!
Love the Girly Night Scout
"Always on the hunt for your girly night out essentials"