We know that one of the obvious contenders for The Christmas Number One is Matt Cardle..... But, will he actually get it??
With all the drama surrounding the X Factor and not to mention last years "Joe McElderry Vs Rage Against the Machine" War, suddenly the fight for the Top Spot has become interesting again...
Last year´s Facebook campaign made X Factor winner Joe McElderry the first contestant to NOT get a Number One. (Shock Horror!) This year, there´s a whole list of artists who are hoping to do the same to Matt...
So, who else could possibly steal that coveted chart position this Christmas:
- Ellie Goulding: Your Song You may have heard this cover version, blasting out from your TV as it features on the John Lewis adverts! Is that the way to win a Number One these days??
- John Cage: 4´33 Well, they say ´Silence is Golden´, but would you pay for it?! "The Cage Against the Machine" campaigners suggest so!
- Coldplay: Christmas Lights Despite a few dodgy lyrics "I take my feet, to Oxford Street", this still has the melancholy twist of a Coldplay Classic. We likey.
- Mariah Carey: Oh Santa She´s back! There´s no way Mariah could ever beat the success of "All I Want For Christmas", but god love her for trying.
- Bing Crosby and Bryn Terfel: White Christmas Today´s technology, allows the deceased star to duet with opera star Bryn Terfel on a new version of his timeless classic. (This could be Bing Crosby´s First no. 1 EVER!!)
It has to be THE biggest chart of the year, so make sure you´re listening to the Big Top 40 Show this Sunday (19th December) to find out who will be crowned Christmas No. 1 of 2010....
´Tis the Season to be Jolly, so dancing away to all these Chart Toppers in our range of Christmas Costumes and Ladies Christmas Fancy Dress
Merry Christmas Everyone!