We’ve seen more hen parties looking to turn away from the drink over the last year- the Fifty Shades baby boom has created a wave of pregnant hens, people are becoming more health conscious and hens are starting to want a weekend that they’ll be able to remember afterwards. Therefore, without further adieu, here are GoHen's TOP five ideas for an out-of-this-world time that you’ll remember forever:
1. Take up dance! There are countless options for hen parties looking to take part in a dance activity. Whether you’re looking to tone up together or you just want costumes and giggles, there’s something for everyone. Consider Burlesque Dancing for a classic, sultry experience, or an ABBA experience for belting out of the classics You’re the one that I want and Mama Mia! Belly dancing lessons are a great way to tone up the stomach, or join the craze of zumba dancing to tone up all over!
2. Get active! Why leave the adrenaline-packed activities to stag groups? A heart-pumping experience is sure to give you some great memories and you could learn some new skills to take away. Consider a watersport like kite surfing, coasteering or ringos, or opt for a dryer activity like clay shooting, horse riding or blo karting.
3. Try your hands at crafts. If you and your favourite ladies fancy getting crafty then there are tons of options to try, and best of all you’ll have something to take away with you! Have a go at life drawing or lingerie making, or if you’re feeling more indulgent how about chocolate making or cake decorating? You could get a bit messy with a pottery workshop or even make your own hen-CD with a recording studio session!
4. Make it unusual! Add some new, different experiences into the weekend- it can be fun to try new things especially with your best friends. You could take part in an inflatable games day, take the girls on a ghost tour or hurl wellies in the Somerset Challenge. And if you don’t fancy unusual activities then why not head to an unusual destination- Gothenburg, Riga and Tallinn are top, unusual European destinations or for something closer to home Galway, Brecon and Belfast make for wonderful weekends.
5. Plan an incredible night! Whoever says a hen night has to have alcohol to be good clearly hasn’t looked around at all the amazing ideas on offer. You and the girls can dance and chat on a boogie bus tour, laugh til your bellies ache at a comedy club or take a chance in a casino. If you’re feeling a bit saucy then why not go to a male strip show, or for something more relaxing a river cruise with dinner is the ultimate in elegance!
Whatever you decide to do on your hen weekend, just remember to plan well, keep track of the finances and have a fantastic time!
Head over to GoHen or send a tweet to @gohen for more hen party ideas and advice! xx